Monday, 16 June 2014

My Spontaneous Misty Morning Photoshoot











































What a magical morning I had! I woke up earlier than usual for no particular reason other than to use the bathroom and go back to bed, but as I got up I saw the most beautiful mist creeping through the fields. It inspired me. As an artist I find it difficult to get in the right headspace sometimes so when I do catch myself in that moment I know I have to go for it. 

I almost didn't though. I was extremely exhausted because I hadn't slept very well and I thought "there's no way I'm going out there right now, it's freezing and I feel awful and the magical mist and lighting will be gone by the time I'm ready anyway..." I was that close to talking myself out of it, but instead I just told myself "shut up, you're going out there. If you don't you won't forgive yourself later." So I grabbed the first clothes I saw and threw them on, mum noticed and gave me my Austrian winter coat so I didn't get too cold, and off I went.

If I hadn't made that spontaneous decision, if I had just let that moment of inspiration go by, you wouldn't be here right now reading this, I wouldn't have spent most of my day editing these photos to show you, and I wouldn't be writing this right now.

Even though it would have been much more comfortable to stay inside and hop back into my warm bed, I am so grateful that I didn't. 

My advice for today is to seize the moment. Don't talk yourself down. Be spontaneous, and if you try out idea and it doesn't work out then at least you did something! 

If you would like to see the rest of these photos please click here.

xxx
M

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ad